Dienstag, 22. September 2009

further thoughts and conclusions

Here are some adapted points of my last blog.

The theroy about "perfectionism" and "failure " I was mentioning in my last blog is seen as a very general and popular knowledge about it. I will see that those still objetive describtions get more subjective for me and the dancers, to not stick with the superficial significations.


To filter my ideas I will come back to each of the ideas and proof their importance for the process.



1. the topic of failure and its relation to following topics:



  • beauty

  • perfection

  • imperfection

  • longing

  • shame

  • revelation

  • risk

Since my piece is going to be about the topic of failure I think for now I can focus on the two for me closest connections of the "perfect" and the "imperfect".


Those two are in a dependence to "failure" for me.


2. The object which defines or represents something perfect for my dancers I will keep in research for getting a better and more realistic view on my dancers view on perfection.


3. The picture of how the structure of my thoughts could look like when I am trying to reach a perfect action or a perfect state I think would work;


either as an active object on stage. Means the dancers could add more and more words, arrows and signs to a paper on the backwall after each new experience they make during the choreographie (which would be arranged before)



  1. as a research material during the process. Means each of the dancers creates their own mind structures during the process, just for the good of document their own ways of handling failure.

  2. goes in one hand with point 2. . Work with their own mind structure for the good of using them to give each of them a specific "character" or more clear view on stage depending on their records.


4. The shoe idea.I decided to really let my dancers dance in shoes for the mentioned reasons. (See post " more thoughts about last rehershals")


5.The idea to let my dancers really go through failure during the process of the piece as well as on stage, so that the piece can be honest and talk for itself.


To realise that idea I have three possibilities where I could use some input of you guys:



  1. I can make the choreographie as hard as possible and with not so much rehershals,so that they have to fail

  2. I can change the choreographie from time to time a bit to make it challenging everytime

  3. I can make them do something on stage they can honestly say they are actually bad in


    ...???????


6. Than I also mentioned that I´d like my dancers to actually say something on stage about their own relation to reach for the perfect.Either while they are actually failing (in a choreographie) or in the beginning, but more in form of little extracts of their thoughts. I came to the conclusion to stay with that idea and work with it later on .

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen