Samstag, 19. September 2009

More thoughts about last rehearsals

Some thoughts about ideas I got after the first rehearsals.



When I think about perfectionism I have a picture in my head about how my brain is working in that moment of trying not to fail.My brain in the action of trying to reach something impossible. Trying to calculate chances and the steady weighing of the components.
It could look like this:


I´ll see were this idea gets me during the process.

Another thing I was thinking about is, that I want my dancers to dance in shoes.
A shoe represents for me something casual, something everybody has, it is at least in our culture something very self- evident.So as the try of the perfect or the hidding of failure.I believe everybody is trying one of each.Also cause of our society is educating us that way.
So for me a shoe is something which gives a person a first visual connection/ similarity to themselfs.Which I am trying to reach so that the audience is also open to, look for more commonality or, identification.

I was also thinking of how important it is for me that my dancers really go through failure during the process of the piece as well as on stage, so that the piece can be honest and talk for itself.
For that I have to possibilities:




  1. I can make the choreographie as hard as possible and with not so much rehershals,so that they have to fail

  2. I can change the choreographie from time to time a bit to make it challenging everytime

  3. I can make them do something on stage they can honestly say they are actually bad in


Concerning their objects which represent something perfect for them, I had the idea of actually let them say something on stage about their own relation to reach for the perfect.Either while they are actually failing (in a choreographie) or in the beginning, but more in form of little extracts of their thoughts.



Well, so far to my processing the first rehearsals.


And already now I am asking myself if this piece is maybe too much about myself processing my own problems.


Thats´s it for today...





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen