Dienstag, 22. September 2009

2. rehearsals

In my second rehearsals I asked the dancers to think about an action which they feel passionated about but in which they are not pretty good yet. Means in which they know they would fail to be proffessional in.

By coincidence each of them choosed an instrument they passional would like to be able to play.

Mareike choosed the guitar.
Mirjam choosed the piano.
Sarah choosed the chello.

Mirjam and Sarah though have allready an advanced knowledge about their instruments, but they know they always fail in challenging music pieces.

I asked each of them to bring their instrument for the next rehearsals.
My plan is to give them a music piece choosen by me (which they don´t know yet).They will get 10 min. each to practice and than play the piece all together.
With the exception that Mareike gets a little instruction on how to play the guitar ( to make it fair or more even).

I decided to record that music piece to have an idea of how it sounds to fail.
The idea I got, since they all choosed an instrument, that I like to more create a field of failure, which is not funny in it´s first way in the moment they fail, but which is almost terrible to look at or listen to.



The second rehearsals went pretty well, since each of them got a closer idea of were this piece could go to.
Each of them was excited about the idea of how we can make failure happen in an honest but not played way.Of course we cause the situation of failure to happen, but since I asked for an action were they are passionated about, I have the hope it´ll work.
The funny conclusion of that rehershal is that some of the dancers wanted to practise the music piece at home allready:-)

The reason for recording the music piece the first time they play it, is not only for research in the first way but also I was thinking to use a self made music piece for the choreography.And I´d like it to be connected to the failure topic as much as possible.
I am intersted in the possibillity that this music piece in its first hearing is ugly and maybe unmusical but develope its own beauty in beeing very special.We´ll see!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Wow!
    Ich bin begeistert über die Idee hinter der Choreographie! Mut zu Scheitern und Unperfektheit ist eine Herausforderung. Ich bin gespannt wie spannend das Unperfekte sein kann! Ist eine Aufführung geplant?
    Love,
    Christina

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ja cool!
    Ich find die Idee auch super! Go 4 it!

    Jan war´s

    AntwortenLöschen