Sonntag, 1. November 2009

7. rehearsals

Today I started with refreshing (repeating) the learned sequence ( "perfect sequence" ).
And continued to teach the sequence further on.

After that I started teaching them a little sequence which I call "caught up" sequence.
I choreographed it with the inspiration of the moment of failure, where I am still trying to fight failure to not be exposed. The moment of trying to be perfect.
It´s a little short sequence, sharp in the movements, which I can use as a " fill in " inbetween. Cause it´s an expression of fighting with the failure/ perfect issue.
We also talked about the previous course and came to follwing conclusions:
  • I don´t have to use the self played music pieces necessarily ( since the original idea was more for the research for the dancers of the failure feeling

  • we talked about the pressure of receiving a perfect state and came back to the thought of Charles Darwin and his evolutionary theory about the "survival of the fittest"

  • I also talked with them about my further thoughts during the break and the developement of the "failure" sequence and the projection on a screen.
    And we discovered that it is a really thin line of objectivy the issue of failure through the whole informing about the process and with it revealing the reasons of failure and through it make it a convictable for the outsite.
    So I came to the conclusion that I really want to stick with the issue of perfection/failure in a very subjective, personal and exposing way and find a way of identification for the audience.

In my next rehearsals I will continue cleaning up the movement and make sure the dancers have the sequences ( I was thinking of doing a quick runthrough every beginning of the rehearsal so that they get secure and clean in it).

I will also work on the personal statements and their realization in the piece.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen