Sonntag, 22. November 2009

Continues thoughts II

Today I was trying again to get an overview on what I have till now, which material I would like to use and where I want to go further.
I ended up in creating two seperate pieces with the material I´d like to use.


First piece


1. black,
projection on the backwall of follwing text:


" About three weeks ( maybe I´ll allready give it to them before christmas so they really have enought time to auseinandersetzen with it) ago three dancers received a letter with a written choreography in it.
They all received the same order of steps written by me, the choreographer.
Their task was to learn this written sequence by heart. With the special ask of not trying the movement out.
They had to memorize the whole choreography in their head.
Each of them head a little verweis on where on stage they have to start.
The choreography is going to be danced out the first time tonight.
The sequence exists in each of their heads, in however way they interpretated the written choreography.
Enjoy."
( I will probably write it in german though)

The dancers will walk in, walking arround with the papers of the written choreography in their hand to memorize it a last time.
Than tehy will put the sheets by the site, music starts ( I will show them the music piece before, didn´t decided on which yet).
and than they will dance the sequence.


After that I´d like the loudspeaker announement to come up, which I meantioned last time already.
Which could be something like : " This piece failed in beeing perfect".



Second piece


1. black,
projection of Sarah onto the backwall, close up of her face,
tells her "statement of failure" ( story of a failure moment)

2. a little spot of light comes onto Sarah, (projection contiunes)
sitting in the middle of the stage, holding a little camera in her hands,
talking to it, gesturing, and excited, memoryzing


3. out of the black the noise of a piano comes up,
Mirjam sitting at the piano, playing the "ronda alla turca", starting a new whenever she fails,
the audience can just hear her.


4. projection of Mirjams face onto the backwall and slowly a light on the piano lightens up her and the piano,
her camera is placed on the piano.


5. Mareike walks into the room, with her camera in her hands, giving her statement of failure, just her silhouette is seen, cause of the light arround her.
projection onto the backwall of her face. slowly more light, lights up the whole stage.


6. Sarah starts walking too, both Mareike and her are talking, Mirjam still playing the piano.
Sarah and Mareike start to put their little movement sequence,they made themselfs as an expression of the feeling of failure (see last rehearsals), inbetween the talking.


7. camera projections continues itself (in a loop on the backwall, three heads next to eachother).
Sarah and Mareike carry their cameras over to the piano, still talking, Mirjam gives up with the piano play and starts talking about her failure moment too,( which doesn´t have to be the moment she just experienced).
the audience can catch up some words, tehy will know what the talk is about but probably will not get all the storys exactly, which I like since for me it´s more about their facial expressions.


8. all of them stop talking the moment they leave their cameras by themselves on the piano ( like a sign of giving up talking about failure, leaving behind the person they would talk about it). And now start trying to fight the failure.
They gather in the middle and start the "perfect sequence" with the dogma sentences ( I love to..., I love to...), no music, maybe just the sound of the video projections, which still runs in a loop, silently in the background.


9. the sequence leads into the " caught up sequence" , which gets more and more restricted, for the good of showing the failure in fighting the failure, music fades in (hard music, didn´t decide on a song yet)

The reason I like to seperate those two pieces is, cause the first piece can give an impulse on the thought of failure.In this experiment it´s, cause of the given terms already preprogrammed that they will faile somehow in the movement, since tehy never danced the piece before.It´s quite hard to dance a "perfect" piece (perfect in the sence of what the audience would see or accept as a good danced piece), but through the fact that they had a given task, they had the chance to get more into it, to get passionated about it or at least to find their own way with it.They had a certain time to altercate with it.

So this piece is more about creating the actual moment of honest failure on stage, while the other piece more broaches the issue of failure.
The first piece is more of showing a little process of our research, which I think is alreday saying so much.

One doubt I have about my second piece is that can end up beeing way to much.The camers, the projections, the talking, the music.
Maybe the cameras, for now, will just be an aid for the process and can be left behind later on.

In my next rehearsals I like to talk to the dancers about my mentioned ideas. Go through it an see if it´s round or if things don´t end up making any sense. I´d like their views on it too.
I will also teach them a little more of the failure sequence, which till now is about 2 min. long.
Also I will repeat all movement material we have till now, since we missed one rehearsal last week.

My further steps will be, to find a technician I can talk to, about the realization of the cameras and live projections on stage.
And also to start writting the choreography on paper.Which brings me to the point that I have to decide on rather I choreograph a piece in the studio and than write it out or if I also will just create it in my head????


So far.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen