Sonntag, 15. November 2009

9. rehearsal

Today I started rehearsals with a short introduction on my thoughts for the video statements.
I had the picture in my head that all three of them would walk arround with their camera in their hand, the camera represents a dirary, friend, themselves. Everybody is tells their statement of failure. At the same time.The walking was free, means if somebody decided to stand or sit inbetween was fine, cause I wanted to give them the feeling of really talking to somebody (like on the phone).

We experimeted a little with it, and the first time it was still having this heavy atmosphere of confession and a sitting circle.
So for the second try I asked them to not necessarily talk about the feelings in a failure moment but to tell a story of a moment they failed, to make it more alife. I also gave the task to try walking with their camera.

That try went much better, I liked that it was more alife and it got much more funny since I was able to hear about some really funny moments and it made it more real, cause they actually had to remember a point of time, which was a good way to make it more real.
Than I asked them, independently from the task before, to improvise to the feeling of a situation they failed.And asked them to set a short sequence (one time 8, or less) .
After that I went back to the first task with the cameras and aske dthem to put both together.Means to talk about their failure moments to the camera and inbetween express it through the short movement sequence.

The video of Mareike from rehearsal 8 is what came out of it ( I had to post it in the last blog since the old "statements of failure" where to long for this blog).


One idea I have is, as I mentioned last time, to porject the faces as a close up to the backwall, for the good of shwoing their behaviour, their expression while confessing or talking about failure, which Iam interested in.It´s not mainly about what they talk but how they say it.
But I don´t know if that wouldn´t be too much. Three big faces on the backwall, Three dancers life on stage, all talking.

After that I contiued teaching them the little "caught up" sequence.




Which for my taste still has to be faster and more restricted in the movement since I want to use it intbetween the piece for a short expression whenever that feeling of "beeing caught up" comes up. I ´ll see if I maybe really keep that open and free to them that they just do it when they really feel like that.The difficulty could be that they may not have that sensibilty while they are on stage.


Another idea I had is that I´d like to underline that this piece is a piece which is failed in beeing a failure piece.I would like to show the antagonism between making a piece about failure, reaching for the perfect and failing in all of it, since I don´t have the ability to be perfect nor to make it just about failing there will be moments were they won´t faile.

So one way to do that I was thinking of making an announcement through loudspeakers : " This piece failed in it´s perfection".
I´d like to put that at the end of the piece since it would anticipate to much in forehand.

Out of another research on youtube I found some videos about "failure" in a comical way.There was a time, I think it started beeing fashioned on TV about 10 years ago, when they started to put whole TV shows on, which were all about showing people failing.It´s called "funniest accidents ever".
An example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wypCGl4YX3Y


It clearly shows (of course exaggerated versions) that the failure of people through it´s excessiveness, is even funny. Though the moment it happend laughter would in the most cases been inappropriate.But if failure is seen by hindsight, than it´s even funny.I like to have also a focus on that site of failure. The funny, light site.

So for the next rehearsals I am planing on continuing working on the "statements of failure".Iam also planning on getting together with a proffessional for questions of realisation of cameras an live projections.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen